– What’s your earliest memory of the Elite franchise?
Loading the game and listening to the disc drive spin and buzz as my ship launched. And docking. Fatally. A lot.
– What ship set-up do you go with when playing the game?
I have an Anaconda for trading and a Python for missions and a “weekend Viper” for low-cost combat fun.
– What’s your faction of choice?
I’m currently a Baron of the Empire and Chief Petty Officer in the Federation. I was resuming missions in the Federation to get more rank when the 1.1 BETA distracted me!
– What’s your preferred method of play?
Mostly trader and bounty hunter. Less trade now I’m “financially comfortable”.
– Do you have a favourite moment from Elite Dangerous so far?
I am part of a gaming community based in the UK called “Dead Men Walking” (www.deadmen.co.uk) that has been around since 1996. We have 24 Elite Dangerous players (so far) and a few weeks ago went into a combat zone mob-handed and re-enacted the final space combat scenes from “Return of the Jedi” or at least it certainly felt like it! Two Pythons plus miscellaneous Cobras and Vipers with a Hauler knocking out Anacondas and smaller fighters as a unit, while avoiding the capital ship! Tremendous fun!
– Why did you apply to become an ambassador.
I enjoy the game and jumped at the chance to meet other players and see where the game was heading.
– What were your ambassador experiences like?
Meeting celebs like Jason Bradbury and Kate Russell gave me kudos with my children, but meeting so many interesting and enthusiastic people, all with different viewpoints of the game, was the highlight.