Parker Francis

Parker Francis
CMDR Name: Aticain
Ambassador duties: PAX South 2015

- What’s your earliest memory/experience with the Elite franchise?

Here and there during its early development, but began closely following a week prior to launch.

- What ship set-up do you go with when playing Elite Dangerous?

I’m currently flying an Adder with 18 cargo slots, a pair of multicannons, and a beam laser.  Great for hunting bounties, or some quick trading. 

– What in-game faction, if any, do you align with?

I’m wading through Imperial space at the moment, attempting to improve my relations with the faction.  I intend on moving up the Imperial Navy ranks.

– What’s your preferred method of play in Elite Dangerous?

I float between bounty hunting and simple trading, depending on my mood and how much time I have to play.

– Do you have a favourite moment from Elite Dangerous so far? If so, tell us about it.

My first interdiction by a human player was quite interesting.  He didn’t really fire on me at first, so I open fire out of spite.  He quickly jumped away, but I was determined.  I tracked him down and interdicted him within a few minutes.  This time he wasn’t playing around, and took me down to 10% hull before flying away and wishing me a good day.

– Why did you apply to become an ambassador?

I felt that I had a unique viewpoint on the game.  As an aerospace engineer, I appreciate the game for its beauty, and the chance to explore the cosmos I love so much.  Additionally, I don’t have a lot of time to play.  I felt that I could give people that perspective if they were concerned about the grinding, etc. required to make progress within the game.

– What were your ambassador experience/s like? Any highlights?

I had a blast as an ambassador at PAX South.  Meeting the developers and other players who were equally as excited about the game was a great experience.  My highlight of that weekend had to be seeing so many demo-ers leave our booth with a smile on their face expressing their love for the game.