Bob Prue

Bob Prue
CMDR Name: Elan Solo
Ambassador duties: EGX 2014/i54

- What’s your earliest memory/experience with the Elite franchise?

My gaming addiction started some 30 years ago at the age of 6 when my family became owners of an Acorn Electron. When Elite was released in 1984 it was like nothing else we’d seen, I mean Frogger and Repton were cool (for me as a 6 year old!) …but Elite was just another level! I played Elite with my dad, granddad and most of my uncles back in the day!

- What ship set-up do you go with when playing Elite Dangerous?

I fly pretty much anything and everything! Eagle, Viper, Cobra and Python are all firm favourites of mine, not to forget the Anaconda and the antics I got up to with it at Aulin towards the end of Premium Beta! I'm currently a big fan of the The Imperial Clipper and I'm looking forward to some similarly lavish cockpits from Gutamaya in the future!

– What in-game faction, if any, do you align with?

I'm Allied to all 3 major factions in the game. I generally lean towards the Empire, but I'm happy to play for all sides depending on who's the highest bidder at the time!– Why did you apply to become an ambassador?

– What’s your preferred method of play in Elite Dangerous?

I enjoy bounty hunting above all other play styles, but I'm also quite keen on trading to make that leap up into the next ship off the production line. I'm a somewhat reluctant explorer, but I don't travel far without an advanced discovery scanner!

– Do you have a favourite moment from Elite Dangerous so far? If so, tell us about it.

Easily the best time I've had so far in Elite Dangerous was when I was asked to present a stream in Beta 1 for the #Elite30Years event. I'd arranged with Cmdr DeGrimmy and CMDR Titusballs to lead an assault on the Federal Staging Point at iBootis B+C. As the instancing / matchmaking did its thing we gradually ended up with more and more of us in the same zone. It was an amazing experience seeing so many CMDRs (some sworn enemies) working together with the common goal of destroying the Federation aggressors!

– Why did you apply to become an ambassador?

I applied for the ambassador role for pretty much the same reason I decided to start streaming Elite Dangerous... I love this game and I love talking about it!

– What were your ambassador experience/s like? Any highlights?

It was always a massive rush seeing the faces as they emerged from the Oculus Rift, the wide eyed grins were just so rewarding! The highlight of my days at EGX was being asked to demo the game to one of the many journalists keen to experience the game. The challenge was that the lady in question was wearing the Rift and gazing at the scenery around the station while I was trying to dock her ship for her!